I have had a lot of fun participating in Bookending Winter and as things are winding down I figured I would include a post that isn’t one of their prompts. Now I haven’t actually been tagged for this, but I have seen it everywhere and really wanted to do this book tag created by book blogger Jenniely!
Here are the rules for this tag:
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
- Mark off the ones on this list you’ve done.
- Tag more people!
(Feel free to use my image!)
Naughty or Nice Book Tag
- Received an ARC and not reviewed it — Naughty!
I do have a few titles that I haven’t reviewed this year! I have been getting a lot better at it though!
- Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley – Naughty!
So when I first discovered Netgalley I didn’t fully understand it and basically treated it like a library. I have so many back list titles that I don’t think I will ever get 60% or that elusive 80% badge. If you have one I am SUPER proud of you.
- Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) – Nice!
I haven’t done that so far this year. I do have a few pending reviews right now, but I wrote them all and will post them by the end of the year.
- Folded down the page of a book – Naughty!
I haven’t done that intentionally this year, but I did fall asleep on a book and totally bent the cover. 😦
- Accidentally spilled on a book – Nice!
I haven’t spilled anything on a book this year! The year isn’t over yet though, but I don’t see this happening.
- DNF a book this year – Naughty!
I do this a lot actually. The worst one this year is probably Furyborn. I read about 100 pages of that book before DNFing it. I find that I always want to come back to books so I tend not to review books that I DNF. It has a big effect on my Netgalley ratio though.
- Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it – Nice!
I have intentions of reading every book that I buy. I do pick up some freebies that I don’t intend on reading RIGHT AWAY. But I don’t buy books that I don’t want to read, no matter how pretty it is.
- Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) – Naughty!
I read when I am supposed to be watching football with my dad or a movie with my mom, but the worst is when I start another book rather than writing a review for the book I just finished.
- Skim read a book – Nice!
I can’t do this. I listen to my books with Kindle text-to-speech a lot and if I find that I wasn’t really listening I will go back and re-read or re-listen to the parts I wasn’t paying attention to.
- Completely missed your Goodreads goal – Nice!
I’ve actually more than doubled my Goodreads goal this year. I wanted to read 50 books and I have read more than 100 books this year.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it – Nice!
I haven’t borrowed a book from anyone this year. Not even the library. Well I guess the e-book library, but they automatically return after 21 days, so I don’t think that counts.
- Broke a book buying ban – Nice!
I buy books so infrequently that I have never set a book buying ban on myself. I got some gift cards in October and I am STILL debating what to buy with them because I want to use them as efficiently as possible.
- Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about – Naughty!
I have definitely done this. I try to write my reviews right after reading the book, but sometimes I don’t feel like it and just pick up the next book. I hate when this happens because I have to go back and page through the book before writing my review.
- Wrote in a book you were reading – Nice!
I have never done this. I do own an annotated copy of Wuthering Heights though, it’s a beautifully old edition that has lots of notes written in it for someone’s English class.
- Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads – Nice!
I haven’t done this anytime recently. I review every book that I read because I like to help authors. Even if I forget to write a review I always add it to Goodreads.
I am 40% Naughty! Let’s hope Santa still brings me some great books!
Here’s the list for you to copy and do yourself!
- Received an ARC and not reviewed it
- Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley
- Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
- Folded down the page of a book
- Accidentally spilled on a book
- DNF a book this year
- Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
- Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
- Skim read a book
- Completely missed your Goodreads goal
- Borrowed a book and not returned it
- Broke a book buying ban
- Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
- Wrote in a book you were reading
- Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Do you do any of these bookish sins? Are you hoping for books for Christmas? Would you be on the bookish naughty or nice list? Comment below and let’s chat about it!