I was nominated for this award by Sailor at A Wicked Reader back in July… I guess it took me a while to get to it! She is super sweet so you should head over and check out her blog.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Q & A
- What’s a book you’re embarrassed to admit that you’ve never read? Name of the Wind! I am a huge fantasy buff and I feel like an imposter since I haven’t read it.
- If you could punch any character in the face, who would it be and why? Maybe Cersei from Game of Thrones, but I also have a love/hate relationship with her character because it’s so well written. I also probably wouldn’t actually do this because she’d just have me killed.
- What’s a book or series that you think everyone should read? The Strange the Dreamer duology. Those books mean so much to me. Check out my review here if you want to hear me gush even more.
- Which book is the first that you fell in love with? Oh jeeze, I mean I’ve loved reading my entire life. I guess the first series that I truly obsessed about was Harry Potter, but when I was learning to read I loved The Fox on the Box. But Harry Potter was the first series I obsessed about. I went to Barnes and Noble to get the books the night before they were released when everyone dressed up and read the books as soon as I got my hands on them. There were many nights growing up that I fell asleep reading Harry Potter and when they made the movies I continued to grow up with Harry Potter as a huge part of my life.
- What is your all-time favorite book cover? I can’t make this kind of decision. Here are some beautiful covers that sucked me into getting copies of my own.
- Is there an author that you absolutely refuse to read anything that’s written by them? Cassandra Clare! I feel like she started her career by basically plagiarizing Harry Potter. I read the first The Mortal Instruments book and couldn’t help but continuously notice how similar the two series were. Then I learned that she started by writing fan fiction and then basically published a series that was based off of JK Rowling’s books. I don’t feel right supporting that even though I did enjoy the few books I read in The Mortal Instruments series.
- Who is your favorite book villain? Hmm… I love really well written villains, so Cersei from Game of Thrones (and honestly, I don’t even feel like she is completely a villain) and Bellatrix from Harry Potter are some of my favorites. I really enjoy morally grey characters more than outright villains.
- If you could only read one book repeatedly for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ugh I would die. I don’t LOVE rereading all the time, I like new stories. But I would choose Strange the Dreamer of course!
- Are characters or plot more important to you in a story? I used to think that the plot was more important to me, but when I went through my old 5 star reviews and wrote this post I figured out that great characters are a must for me to give a book 5 stars.
- What book or series do you wish would be adapted into a movie or TV show? I would love to see an adaptation of Mistborn or Daughter of Smoke and Bone!
- What’s a series that always makes you feel happy and nostalgic to think about? The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead! I loved that series and it’s spin off series. I feel like those books just made me so happy and I was so sad when I finished the series and the spin off series. Maybe I should do a reread of both of those series sometime.
- What is the most important quality to you when reading a book?
- What is your favorite book? (If you can’t choose one list your top 3-5!)
- If you could have any super power what would you like to have?
- What is your favorite genre?
- Do you have any hobbies besides reading? What are they?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is your favorite read of the year so far?
- What do you enjoy reading about more, heroes or villains?
- Are you more of a cat or dog person?
- Why did you start your book blog?
- Are there any bloggers who support you all the time? Give them a shout out!
Tag you’re it!
Susan @ Novel Lives
Flavia @ Flavia the Bibliophile
Kerry @ Herding Cats
Stephanie @ Igniting Pages
Lauren @ Northern Plunder
Milana @ A Couple Reads
Julianna @ Paper Blots
Mari @ Musings of a Book Girl
Tessa @ Tea Reads
Raquel @ Bookishly Nerdy